Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Red Haired Warriors



 by Donato

Over a decade ago, on a flight to the San Diego Comic-Con, I created a drawing to pass away the hours of the cross country trip.  Little did I realize then that this off-handed sketch would open up a path to a series of imagery which I continue to explore and expand upon today.

I think what I like most about this series is that lack of strict continuity needed between each of the paintings.  Each figure is obviously heavily inspired by a prototype, but a prototype that is open to modifications and rebuilding as each painting dictates its own needs.

As I pack for another convention coming up this weekend in Kansas City - Spectrum Live - I wonder what new roads will await me on this adventurous career in art.  I am grateful for the chances to explore and to have the freedom to pursue these tangents as they come my way.
















Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search